Team Manager Strategy and Architecture-Information Technology Services
Townsville City Council
The City of Townsville has as its core objectives – Financial Sustainability, Customer Engagement and Economic Activation. These tenants are what drives every decision within the Council and the required digital transformation. Council has undergone a significant leadership and staff transition while dealing with the challenges of monolithic applications and technical debt. To enable the digital transformation while dealing with these challenges, Council has leveraged Integration as a strategic and tactical enabler. In this session Dennis will cover:
- Background of the council- a pervious amalgamation and inheriting many systems which do not integrate well
- The transformation Council undertook – new representative and council leadership, rationalisation of staff, focus on the three objectives, restricting of Information Technology.
- Why it embraced Integration as key enabler of digital transformation and how it made that decision and ultimately selected a platform.
- Where Council is on the journey – successes and learnings as well as what the medium and long term look like.
2:30 PM City Council Panel Discussion: How to make Digital Transformation Possible across a Wide range of Citizens and Services
Digital Transformation within a city council is a very unique challenge. Councils deal with the large and diverse range of needs for their equally diverse citizen populations as well as diverse and disparate information systems. This makes the task of an effective and citizen-centric digital transformation of services complex and challenging, to say the least. Each of the panelists are in the process of digital transformation within their councils and cities and in this session they will answer:
- How were the expectations and requirements of the citizens evaluated to ensure the digital transformation would maximize benefit to citizens
- Where has leadership and governance of the Digital Transformation stemmed from and how effective has this been in attaining adequate buy in from all stakeholders
- Where did they begin in creating a Digital Transformation Strategy; who or which organisations did they look to for benchmarking and guidance
- What were the component strategies and technologies they used to enable Digital Transformation