Additional Content Download
In this article, Royston Lim, General Manager, Customer Experience and Digital at Virgin Australia, shares five elements government organisations should consider when developing and rolling-out a digital strategy, based on lessons learned from Virgin Australia’s own digital transformation journey to date.
Innovating in an era of disruption: key priorities and trends influencing digital transformation in Australian government organisations in 2016 and beyond
- The importance of building and maintaining a culture of innovation
- They key priorities and strategies needed for effective digital transformation in government
- The pain-points Australian government organisations are facing when rolling-out a digital transformation strategy and how to overcome them
- How Australia Post, the National Blood Authority and the ATO are responding to digital disruption in their organisations to drive efficiency and innovation
A whole of Government approach to digital transformation: How the ACT Government is driving improved services and organisational efficiency through digital
In this article, Jon Cumming, Chief Digital Officer at the ACT Government explores the steps he is taking to drive sustainable digital transformation, lessons learned from the journey so far and focus areas for the future.
In this presentation from Digital Disruption for Government 2016, Jon Cumming, Chief Digital Officer, ACT Government explores how the CDO is working to drive sustainable transformation and navigating the nebulous nature of digital, including:
- Creating and implementing a digital scorecard: Pros and cons
- Injecting a culture change
- The importance of communication
- Assessing existing procurement pros and cons: Pros and Cons
- Exploring alternative procurement models more conducive to innovation
- Effectively managing risk while driving innovation
- Using narrative to share and build empathy for users’ wants and expectations
- Applying design thinking and user centred design methods to improve service delivery models
- Pattern libraries to rapidly code, prototype and test consistent interfaces
A global scan of leading citizen-centric practices reveals that governments in Canada can do more by harnessing the right technology to build trust and transform. Citizens expect access to services across their devices. They want information customized for them, and they want it faster and on the go. Governments need to be as agile as the digital world around them.
Creating a Digital Roadmap to transform government services: Insights into the development and implementation of the NSW Government’s Future Transport Technology Roadmap
In this case study,Tony Braxton-Smith, Deputy Secretary - Customer Services, Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) explores the process behind the creation and implementation of the NSW Future Transport Technology Roadmap and how TfNSW is going about developing the capability and cultural changes needed to drive technology to enable services with greater benefits for citizens across the state.
Leading a government organisation through digital transformation:Lessons learned from the private sector
In this article, Greg Booker, Chief Information Officer at RACQ, shares the top changes leaders can take to embrace and maintain an innovative culture and his tips for government organisations to succeed at agile leadership in the digital economy.
In the spotlight with Paul Shetler, Former CEO of the Digital Transformation Office: Lessons learned in digital government transformation
In this article, Paul Shetler, Former CEO of the Digtial Transformation Office, shares the key lessons government agencies in Australia can learn from the digital transformation projects he has worked on and the strategies that can be used to drive innovation to improve service delivery.
Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) accelerates possible, transforming businesses in ways previously unimagined. The company’s disruptive, software-driven storage technology combined with a customer-friendly business model drives business and IT transformation for customers through dramatic increases in performance and efficiency at lower costs.